Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Scouts. For scouting.

The scouts are nearing completion. They need snow.

I wanted to base them to represent "move through cover" a little more than the average tactical marine, so I put larger chunks of concrete/cork on their bases. This lead to some interesting center of gravity issues for the models leaning more heavily to one side or the other. I corrected the imbalance with fishing sinkers glued to the light side of the base, as pictured here.

Wow, that is one blue picture. Digital photography can be mystifying.

Here is the latest version of the chapter symbol. It's a little shiny, since it need to be varnished. I think we're pretty much where you had specified, but let me know if you want changes.


And lastly, I'll throw in a WIP of the assault sergeant. I still need to highlight his chest insignia, hit the joints with boltgun, and probably add more damage to the power fist.

1 comment:

James said...

The chapter symbol looks good to go. The scouts are looking excellent, too, love the bases. Can't wait to see more assault marines, the sergeant is looking great.