Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Hours Melt Away

I haven't been estimating "almost" very well lately. Despite these guys being "almost done" I have managed to spend a few nights of several hours of painting and they seemingly creep to completion.

At this point you can see (perhaps) that all holsters are done, power weapons have a few colors, special decorations (power fists, chest symbols, etc.) are done. The apothecary will get some more colors on his sensors.

Mini-rant: I'm shocked that GW has no plans to release black, white and gunmetal foundation paints in single jars! I refuse to buy an entire hobby kit just to get those three paints!! (Oh, who am I kidding... I probably will.)

1 comment:

James said...

Haha, yes, there have been a few preemptive "almost dones," but they are looking quite nice.

And it is indeed ridiculous and typical GW style to not be able to get the full complement of paints... I had wanted those myself for the DA vets I've been slowly attempting to paint myself but was disappointed as well.