Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Airbrush: Big fun, Huge Mess

The second jar of "Macharius Solar Orange" is almost empty. I'm hoping most of it ended up on miniatures. The airbrush is very precise when it's actually being used for painting, but the amount of paint I accidentally spill, or that gets sprayed into a paper towel to clear the nozzle, or during cleaning is epic.

Each tank now has base and weathering. Now all they need are little extra doo-dads like hatches, guns, turrets, scrolls, etc.

I've been noodling over how to make the sponsons on the Predators convertible, and I just can't think of a good way.

Do you have a preference for hatch open/hatch closed on any of these?

1 comment:

James said...

Sponsoons I think are pretty tough to have interchangeable. I think I've seen them done with magnets, but I don't know much about it. If possible it would be cool if they were interchangeable, but I'm not worried if it's too troubling.

As for hatches, a mix would be good. I don't have a major preference there, either.

Anything that doesn't have to be glued that I can exchange is also good, such as pintle mounted storm bolters and stuff like that.

I know you haven't gotten to them yet, but don't forget the dozer blades on all these badboys. I always roll ones for those cursed difficult terrain test.