Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I guess they are supposed to share

Okay, GW. I have a question.

If every stinking tank the Space Marines have can take the "dozer blades" option, then why oh why is the Razorback turret the only sprue that actually has a dozer blade on it!?!? Yeah, I know. The new Vindicator has 10x the dozer blade that any tank before it has had, but that doesn't really help me now, does it? Does it?

Well, griping aside, I'm trying to get all the details for the tanks together so I can actually finish them. Yes, I dropped the f-bomb. Finish. I'm having a hard time tracking back through all the emails to get the details right, so please verify them for me here. Also, I shall craft a clever dozer blade alternative in light of GW wonderful ability to not include them.

Dreadnought: all weapons interchangeable, including storm bolter and heavy flamer. Did you want searchlight or smoke launcher?

Razorbacks: convertible heavy bolter / lascannon turrets, dozer blades, storm bolters

Predators: Autocannon turrets, heavy bolter sponsons, storm bolter, dozer blades
(one will have convertible lascannon/autocannon turret)

Rhino: storm bolter, dozer blade

Vindicator: storm bolter, dozer blade

3 comments:

James said...

I C&Ped... that sounds gross... and answered the questions per vehicle.

Dreadnought: all weapons interchangeable, including storm bolter and heavy flamer. - Yes to both smoke launcher and searchlight.

Razorbacks: convertible heavy bolter / lascannon turrets, dozer blades, storm bolters. - Plus smoke launchers and searchlights if available... they're supposed to be standard on all vehicles DA codex onward. Plus removable stormbolters if possible.

Predators: Autocannon turrets, heavy bolter sponsons, storm bolter, dozer blades
(one will have convertible lascannon/autocannon turret)- Yes to all, plus the smoke launchers/searchlights.

Rhino: storm bolter, dozer blade - Plus smoke launchers and searchlights, and also pintle mounted storm bolter. It has one storm bolter automatically, so the pintle is additional.

Vindicator: storm bolter, dozer blade. - Plus the smoke and the searchlight... and like the Rhino it comes with one storm bolter automatically, and I'd like to add the pintle as well... though looking at pictures I don't even know if there is a place for an additional stormbolter... but if so, slap that badboy on.

Mike Howell said...

Thanks.

Sorry, I already glued the storm bolters in place on the Razorbacks and Rhino. Isn't it odd that I make permanent weapons interchangeable and optional weapons permanent? Hmmm.

There are plenty of searchlights and smoke launchers to go around.

James said...

No problem on the storm bolters, they're only five points and I'll usually be using them. I'll also email you those stoic Latin phrases for the vehicles again, in case they are lost in the miasma of old email.